Welcome from the Organizing Committee
You are cordially invited to participate in the 1st International Conference on Botany and Mycology, Sofia, organized by the Institute of Biodiversity and Ecosystem Research at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. Presenting your research provides you with a great opportunity to share your findings, results, and ideas with colleagues and gain valuable feedback on your work.
The International Conference on Botany and Mycology, Sofia will be organized annually. Due to the coronavirus pandemic the first conference will be held remotely within two days, 25–26 October 2021. The call for participants’ presentations is now open.
This site will be updated as soon as relevant information becomes available. Please, visit it regularly.
You are welcome to join this online conference. We are looking forward to seeing you at the Conference.
Cvetomir M. Denchev & Vladimir Vladimirov
on behalf of the Organizing Committee
The Conference focuses mainly on studies into the taxonomy, phylogeny, distribution, conservation, and sustainable use of plants and fungi in Eastern and Southeastern Europe, the Caucasian Region, and Western Asia, but research from other parts of the world is also welcome, especially when related to taxonomic groups occurring in the focus region.
The Conference will include oral and poster presentations. Since the Conference will be held virtually, this year the number of the oral presentations will be limited.
Please read the submission rules before submitting an abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted via this website. Emailed abstracts will be not considered.
- Submitted abstracts should include non-published data.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
- All abstracts should be submitted and presented in English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication.
- The abstracts must be linked to a specific Conference Topic.
- All abstracts accepted for presentation will be published on the Conference website prior to the Conference.
- Your abstract is not successfully submitted until you receive a confirmation e-mail after clicking the final submit button. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail, please contact us.
Submitted abstracts will be evaluated by sessions organizers and members of the Scientific Committee. Notification regarding abstract acceptance and scheduling will be sent to the submitting author.
Guidelines for Preparing Abstracts
A TEMPLATE for preparation of an abstract can be downloaded here.
- Abstract title – limited to 20 words.
- Author and co-authors’ details: full first and family name(s), Affiliation details: department, institution, city, state (if relevant), country.
- Corresponding author’s e-mail address.
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words. Tables, figures, or photographs accompanying the abstract text are not allowed. The main text should be followed by acknowledgements (the word count is affected by inclusion of acknowledgements).
- Scientific names of taxa must be in accordance with the International Code of Nomenclature for algae, fungi, and plants (Shenzhen Code). Irrespective of their rank, they must be consistently printed in italic type. Standard herbarium codes follow Index Herbariorum (http://sweetgum.nybg.org/science/ih/).
- References are not obligatory (when present, the word count is affected by inclusion of references). Titles of journals must be abbreviated in conformity with Botanico-Periodicum-Huntianum. Titles not listed in BPH-2 are abbreviated according to the abbreviation standards there defined.
- The abstracts must be submitted before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
Guidelines for Preparing Posters
Poster Size – poster size is 120 cm high × 100 cm wide (Portrait) (47.24 × 39.37 inches).
The official language of ICBotMyco 2021 is English.
As for any publication, permission must be sought for use of third-party copyrighted material (e.g., a figure) in a presentation. Material should not be altered simply to avoid having to obtain permission from the copyright holder.
Conflict of interest & ethical approval
Authors who submit to this conference declare that they have received ethical approval for their study (if relevant) and have no conflict of interests in their presentation at the conference.
Authors who submit to this Conference allow the Conference to place their abstracts on open access on the Conference site under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0), which allows others unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and its initial presentation at this conference.
The names and email addresses entered in this Conference site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this Conference and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.